Ok so what is Joomla! Sounds funny…but it’s actually quite powerful for those that need some intense control – more than WordPress can give you…
Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla! the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What’s a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- Salon sukni ślubnych (Bridal Fashion – Polish) – http://www.mlodaimoda.pl/
- Harvard University (Educational) – http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) – Not publicly accessible
- La Folie Douce – http://www.lafoliedouce.com/
- FUNX ( Radiostation – Netherlands ) – http://www.funx.nl/
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) – http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) – http://www.playshakespeare.com
- Cheap Wine Band (Music – German) – http://www.cheapwineband.de/
More examples of companies using Joomla can be found in the Joomla Community Site Showcase.
For Las Vegas, Nevada business – the one that stands out is the highly successful charity Three Square.
What are some advanced ways I can use Joomla?
Many companies and organizations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the basic Joomla package. In those cases, Joomla’s powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions.
The core Joomla framework enables developers to quickly and easily build:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Since Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you’re building powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support.
That’s Easy – 72 Charms LLC can build the site for you!
Call 702-267-8385 and see if Joomla is the right platform today.